The new income tax website for ITR efiling had launched on June 7, 2021. The new portal have wide features for ITR efiling makes easy and simple. The new and updated portal ensure the processing and refunds of Income Tax Return Fast .
As per the tweet of Income Tax ” We proudly present to our valued taxpayers, the new e-Filing portal http://incometax.gov.in. Designed with your convenience in mind, the portal offers features to make your e-filing experience smoother, simpler & smarter. You Come First, Always! “
As per the press release of income tax department ” the new portal for income tax efiling will launch on 7th of June 2021. The words of the press release is like that
The income tax department is launching its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th of June 2021. The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. some of the highlights of the new portal are detailed hereunder :
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income tax returns (ITR) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer.
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1,4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to began with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly;
- Taxpayers will be able tp proactively update their profile tp provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filing their ITR. Detailed enablement of pre-filing with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021)
- New call center for taxpayers assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot /live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Return forms, Add tax professionals, Submit response to Notices in faceless scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
It is clarified that the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18, 2021 after the advance tax instalment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience. The mobile application will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features. Familiarization with the new system may take some time, so, the department request the patience of all taxpayers / stakeholders for the initial period after the launch of the new portal and while other functionalities get released since this is a major transition. This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders.
From the above above words of press release of CBDT, the abstract of the same is listed below.
The new portal includes the various features like :
- User friendly and mobile friendly features
- Step by Step guidance with user manuals and videos
- Helpdesk support and chatbox (New call centre for taxpayer assistance)
- Pre-filed forms and easy to use ITR utility
- New mobile app for ITR Filing.
- Secure and multiple option for login
- Multiple option for online tax payments.
- Free of cost ITR preparation interactive software available